Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Spirit

After various discussions today in some online CR groups, I decided perhaps I should explain my personal views on spirit...ancestors and deities.  Let me first explain that I view my deities, specifically the Tuatha de Danann, as my ancestors.  I believe I am descended from them, not created by them.   Does that mean that I feel I am a direct bloodline descendant?  No, not necessarily, or at least not that I can prove.  Perhaps one day I might, given the time and money, and through some genetic testing like with The Nolan DNA Project (http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/nolan).  Apparently one can trace their lineage by the Y-chromosome.  I feel I am descended from them through various lifetimes.  Yes, I do believe we have several. 

Consider this: we are all giant blobs of energy.  Millions upon millions of electrons spinning around millions upon millions of nuclei.  The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it merely changes forms.  So if we cannot be destroyed, then where do we go?  I personally do not think we leave.  We have changed form, existing side by side with those of us who have not changed yet.  This explains the “veil” discussed in so much lore.  The theory is that the veil thins at Samhain, and the spirits are able to cross between the worlds easier.  Personally, I feel they cross back and forth as freely as they want, when they want.  In Christian theology, in the Gospel of Thomas, saying 113 I believe, Jesus himself says “The kingdom of heaven is spread out on the earth; you just fail to see it with your eyes.” Or something like that.  Even Jesus knew that we don’t go off to some heaven in the sky….we stay right here and co-exist. 

With all of that said, I feel confident on my belief that I am descended from my deities.  I may not be able to prove it by blood, I have all the proof I need in their words and actions to me.  I have developed a personal relationship with several in my pantheon, the TDD, as I have with various ancestors.  Again, when I speak of ancestors these are not just blood relations, but ancestors of the spirit as well.  So, yes, I speak to dead people.  *grin* Do they answer back?  Not in the normal way of speaking, usually, though it HAS happened.  When I had my diabetic scare last year, I heard my father’s voice just as loud as if he were sitting next to me, telling me to check my blood sugar.  It was 473. 

This may explain a little as to why I do certain things like I do.  I generally do not do ritual. At least not for myself.  In a group setting, I believe rituals are a wonderful way to focus the combined energies and complete whatever task is set out.  On a personal level, I do not feel the need to.  I work on a daily basis with a select few deities and ancestors, and I feel free to communicate with them as I do my neighbor and old friend.  My morning devotionals are on my front porch, coffee in hand, listening to the sounds around me then just talking to whoever I feel is there.  Yes, it makes me look crazy…this is nothing new.  I used to “talk to god” when I was a little girl, instead of praying like I was taught.  I do the same now.  Now mind you, I am not advocating disrespect or anything of the like towards the deities and/or ancestors.  The Morrighan has no problem letting someone know She has been disrespected, and thank the gods it has not been me.  I do look at Her though, as a trusted adviser, a loyal ally and one whom I can speak with freely.  It is the same with all others.


When you view spirit, be it ancestral or deity, as being just like you…energy, but in a different form...dealing with them takes on a whole different meaning.  It becomes less mysterious and more comforting actually.  You start to realize that you are never truly alone, so many walk beside you every day.  Knowing that can be of great comfort to many.  Learn to quiet your mind and just listen…you can actually hear the footsteps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment